Live Dealer Baccarat NZ
Live dealer baccarat is one of the fastest-growing games available at any online casino today, popular for its simplicity and the comparatively small edge that the casino has over the player (having only a 1% advantage in certain areas). In this article you will find out how to play baccarat and hear about the popular variants of the game, some strategies which can help you to win real cash at online casino live dealer baccarat. We'll also highlight our top baccarat casino, Jackpot City alongside our shortlist of the best places to play in New Zealand.
- No set strategies to learn resulting in all players being on a level playing field
- Players have different variants of baccarat to choose from based on personal preference
- The top online casino sites offer first time bonuses for new baccarat players
Best online Casinos For September 2021
How To Play Baccarat
The aim of baccarat is to receive the highest possible score (ranging from 0-9) based upon the cards you have been dealt. The game begins by both the player and banker having two cards dealt to them. An ace has a value of 1; the cards 2-9 correspond to their face value, while 10, J, Q, K each hold values of 10. In baccarat, the value of your two cards are added together (for example, 7+J=7) to determine your score. In the event of a two digit number coming into play, the second digit (the rightmost number) determines the overall score of the cards (10+9=9). There are a number of rules which a casino will follow to determine whether a third card will be drawn or instead stand pat, or 'stick'.
Best Bets To Win Real Money
Live dealer baccarat is one of the fastest-growing games available at any online casino today.
In all live dealer online casino baccarat games, the user has the option to bet on either the player or banker to win a hand at even odds (a bet of $1 NZD would return $2 NZD, though there is a 5% commission on banker bets), or alternatively place a wager on the hand being a tie at 8 to 1 (a bet of $1 NZD would return $9 NZD). It is important to be aware of the edges that a casino has in baccarat so that you can make a bet which will be most likely to win you the highest amount of real cash. In accordance with regular live dealer games, a table where eight decks are in use results in the following house edges for each betting category: 1.06% on banker, 1.24% on player and a 14.36% on tie. This means that it is most profitable - assuming that the player has no prior knowledge of the cards already dealt - to bet on the banker, while it is markedly less favourable to bet on a tie. Such simple information can be applied to your betting strategy to ensure that you have an increased chance of winning money at online casino live dealer baccarat in NZ.
Types Of Real Cash Baccarat
There are a number of variants of baccarat; while the basic elements of the game remain the same, there are some differences which are useful to understand so that you can find the experience that is right for you.
- Punto banco: The most widely played form of baccarat. As all plays are determined by a fixed set of rules as outlined by the 'tableau' (French: ‘board'), it is different to some other variants of baccarat in that it is entirely a game of chance as the player has no decisions to make regarding whether or not to draw a third card. This game format is also played on mini/midi tables where fewer players are seated and stakes are usually lower.
- Chemin de fer: This is the first version of baccarat as developed in France, remaining popular there today. Differing from punto banco in its opportunity for the player to make their own decisions in a hand as well as in the way that the banker changes each hand, this form of baccarat allows for a greater element of skill as house edges are reduced.
- Super 6/Punto 2000: While the core elements of the game are identical as punto banco, the only major difference is that even odds are given on banker bets (as opposed to 95% when the usual 5% banker commission is factored in) except when the banker wins with a 6 where only 50% of the bet is paid. This variant of baccarat is slightly more favourable for the banker and so it is a less profitable variant if you are looking to win as much real money as possible.
Online, Live Dealer Baccarat - Casino Selection
With a rise in the number of online casinos offering live dealer baccarat to people in NZ, our extensive experience in the industry can help you to choose the online casino that is right for you. Below are a list of some of the top websites that provide live dealer baccarat for Kiwis wanting to win real cash:
- LesAcasino.com: With the choice of both live baccarat and mini baccarat, LesAcasino.com has a variety of internet games that will satisfy newcomers and high rollers alike. Also, an in-game chat function allows you to converse with other players at your table so that you can enjoy the social attraction of a real casino, while audio from the dealers further contributes to the reality of your online experience.
- Casino.com: Offering the same variety of baccarat games as LesAcasino.com and also boasting the same great in-game features, Casino.com provides to its users an eight-time deposit bonus which allows you to benefit from a maximum of $3200 NZD in welcome bonuses.
- Club777.com: Like the other online casinos listed here, Club777.com caters for both new and experienced baccarat players with a range of available stakes. Featuring a generous first-time deposit bonus of $777 NZD, there is also a VIP service which rewards frequent players with special gifts and invitations to exclusive VIP events.
NZ's #1 Online Casino
Visit the highest rated casino for a NZ$1600 welcome bonus!
Frequently Asked Questions
Live dealer baccarat is a great way to combine the convenience and ease of online gambling with the more personal experience of casino gambling. When you play baccarat online in your own computer or on your mobile phone, you bring the excitement and fun of the casino home with you. You get to experience the thrill of gambling any time, day or night, no matter where you are. Gambling in a casino can be a hassle, including travel time and expensive, but it does have one thing that regular online gambling cannot replicate, which is the interaction between players and the dealer. Live dealer games let you bring this experience home by connecting you via web cam to a real live dealer who deals the cards in a baccarat game for you and the other players at the table.
Live dealer baccarat games are very easy to find. There are two options available to players. You can either choose an existing casino, or a free standing independent live dealer baccarat site. Well known casinos often have live dealer versions of the most popular games available, so check the casinos that you are a member of to see if they have that option. You can also search online for independent live dealer sites that focus on baccarat. These are free standing gambling rooms that focus on baccarat exclusively. Whichever one you choose, you should always check reviews first to make sure they are legitimate and fair. We put together a live dealer baccarat page where we review the top sites, so check it out!
Live dealer baccarat compares very favourably to standard baccarat. It has all of the same rules and betting options, with the only difference being the way that you experience the game. In person games, online games and live dealer online games are all very different experiences from one another. In person games have all of the excitement of playing with the dealer and the other players right there are the table with you, along with the full experience of being at a casino. Online games bring that excitement home and are so convenient and easy to access. Live dealer games have the same convenience but still allow you to have contact with a real live dealer and other players.
Yes! Like all live dealer games, baccarat is available no matter what device you are using. If it of course most popular on a desktop or laptop computer, but smartphone and tablet users can partake in the games as well. There are a few ways you can do this. You can either log in to an online casino via their mobile site, accessing it in your mobile browser the same way you could on a computer. This can be a big slow and sometimes lag though because the sites were designed for use on a computer with a larger screen and more memory space. You can also download an app, which are designed for smartphone use and usually run a lot faster.
Yes, live dealer baccarat is very fair to all of the players at the table. A lot of people have concerns about online gambling because they believe that random number generators (used to deal the cards) are unfair or that they can be tampered with or rigged by the casino. While there are some scams out there on the internet, this is usually not the case as casinos undergo third party certification to ensure fairness. Either way, live dealer baccarat avoids the whole issue by connecting you with a real live person who you can watch deal the cards right on your screen.